Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wolf/Man Follow Up

 
I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen for several years yesterday. He is a medicine man in a Florida tribe and I trust him. I told him my story, the dream/notdream (1.) and he said very matter of factly “He is a Shaman. Probably used the area you were in for ceremonies. Probably wanted to take a look at you.” No surprise in his voice or expression. No “are you sure?”. Just a simple explanation without reservation and without judgement.

Now, take this kind of experience to religious leaders of other faiths and see what would happen. This man is comfortable in his beliefs, they are based in the world around him and they are real. I know one thing: His world and mine intersect in more than one place. In other essays I have told about my spirit guides, and my family totems. If I had to pick a “religious” paradigm, guess which one I would go with. Wait. Did I say “if”? I have picked, and it is a very comfortable fit.  (And I am lucky to have two spirit guides: Owl and Wolf.)

Image: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3642/5837380763_ae49896d87_m.jpg
1. http://searchesworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/one-more-strange-event-in-life-of-woody_18.html

No comments: