Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Did you sleep well last night?



I did. And, I didn’t. Sleep came easy and lasted long. Dreams happened and went away. But I awoke with a lingering sense of something not quite right in the world. I have tried to figure it out during the day, and think maybe I have.
It is the world at large that is bothering me. The destructive rhetoric in the middle east, the continued violation of women’s rights in many parts of the world, the taking into slavery of women and children, the rape of the land. The list is long, and getting longer. The thing that is getting me is this: I don’t see much getting better. I hope it does. I wish it would. But to quote my old bard Eric Bogel “If wishes were fishes we’d all cast nets into the sea”. (1)
Just listened to the song again. You should too.’Nuff said.

1. eric bogel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEY9kA3OYNE
Image: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZH013M4QWaY/S1tEozxvw-I/AAAAAAAAAa8/E5P-5Zcpfqc/video721063747904%5B2%5D.jpg

No comments: