Friday, August 6, 2010

Karma or Coincidence?

So, I’m walking down the olive oil isle at Harvey’s and my cell phone rings. I answer and before I can say anything beside “hello” I hear “this is (Beth) Willis, your lawyer”. I said “who?” She said a bit louder and sounding annoyed “Your LAYWER”. I said I didn’t have a lawyer and she had the wrong number. She apologized and we parted amicably.
I got into the truck when it hit me. I had a student years ago named Beth Willis. I wonder if that was she? I looked up the number on the cell phone and called back. No answer but I heard her name on the answering device and it wasn’t “Beth”. I explained why I called back and apologized. A couple of hours later she called me and said “I have a daughter named Beth.” Shorten the story: Wrong Beth; we spent 45 minutes talking about politics, legal stuff and karma. She is retired and does some work for the State and has volunteered to help me with a quest I am about to begin. More on that in a later essay.
For now, I offer this tale as another example of the strange connections that may or may not exist in life. What a trip!!! Life, I mean.
Image: www.chopra.com/laws/karma

No comments: