Monday, October 19, 2009

My Three Sons


Some of you will remember the old TV series starring Fred MacMurry (who?). Good sitcom with a message at times. I never really thought that I would have my very own 3 sons. But there you go. Three sons that are as different as chalk and cheese. Matt, Hal and John. Matt is a successful academic coming off a career in business. Hal is a successful business man and a rising star in his company, and John is a successful provider of employment for lots of people. They are all good-natured and hard working. They love life and get the most out of it. Between the three there are two wonderful spouses (spice? of life).

One of the many stories in the family relates to F-11. Many years ago I joked that I had an electronic copy of my will, and if any of them pissed me off all I had to do was hit F-11 and they were out of the will. It became a vague threat of "be careful, F-11 is right around the corner". Or just a murmured "F-11". The truth is that I have never had the slightest reason to invoke the F-11 option, and I doubt if I ever will. These guys are all that anyone could imagine or want.

I keep the option open, though, for old times sake. And you never know. Someday someone may forget an important date, or forget to call ...............

2 comments:

Matt said...

We expect -- no, demand -- that you spend every cent of the "Search estate" on smoked salmon, wine, and SWMBO. We will be very disappointed if your will contains anything for us beyond "Hello, guys."

woody s. said...

we are doing our best to comply.