Monday, September 21, 2009

I hate Google/I love Google


I just figured out that I have a love/hate relationship with google. Love: the access to nearly instant answers like "I wonder what kind of pythons are in Australia?" Hate: I have tried everything I can think of to uninstall Google Earth and the bastard just won't go. No, uninstall on the control panel doesn't work. So, I Googled it and there were over 7 million pages. You would not believe the trouble people have uninstalling this program. I finally gave up. I'm just going to shoot the computer one day soon and Google Earth will die with it.
Photo: NASA: Earth from Space

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Before you shoot your computer, download Google Mars and install it just for kicks. You will love Google even more for making maps of Mars available; and hate Google more because Mars likely won't uninstall as well.

Just wait until tomorrow please. Today is International Peace day and I wouldn't want you to escalate your conflict on a day like today. ;)

Matt said...

I'll second Reba's motion: Mars! On your computer! What's not to love?

woody s. said...

Thanks for the advice. But, I won't download Mars until I can uninstall "Earth" (2 different copies, neither of which will uninstall). Reba and Matt, you both know this stuff. What can I do to get rid of them. I just want to reinstall it, but not without killing the old ones first.