Tuesday, July 15, 2014

One God or Three? Exactly the Same.

I am confused. Christians believe in “One God”? But this god is actually three in one: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. That sounds like three Gods to me. The problem happened when early Christians proclaimed Jesus to be the “Son of God” and that meant 2 gods. So they came up with a tortuous explanation of how the father and son were actually the same god, so when Jesus was killed, the father was really killed. And don’t even get started on the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit. Nobody agrees on exactly what that is. But there is agreement that in the trinity, or triune god, each one isn’t the other, but each is the same God. Confused? Look at this diagram to clarify for you:

I am not trying to be a pissant or blasphemer.  I just don’t get it. Give me one God or a bunch of Gods. That I get. This I don’t.

Image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H
oly_Spirit

No comments: