Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Darlin' Companion? You Know.


"Darlin' Companions"
I just finished a little essay (http://searchesworld.blogspot.com/2012/06/damn-that-was-really-good-ride.html) and mentioned companions. Got me to thinking about my darling companion and naturally San Quentin came to mind: Johnny and June at San Quentin. So I looked up the video, listened to the song for the 100th (at least) time and thought I should write about it.

Here is the opening:

Darlin' companion, come on and give me understandin'.
And let me be your champion: a hand to hold your pretty hand in.
Darlin' companion, now you know you'll never be abandoned.
Love will always light our landin': I can depend on you

And later these lines:

Darlin' companion, come on and give me understandin'.
As long as we keep laughin', bear in mind just what could happen.
Darlin' companion, I tell the mountains and the canyons,
Long as I got legs to stand on, I'm gonna stick by you.

Just about says it all. Of course my “Darlin’ Companion” is Sally. So this and everything else I do is dedicated to her.
’ll close with these lines, and don’t get smart about it either:

Oh, a little saucy mare like you should have a steed.
Oh, a little bridlin' down from you is what I need.

No comments: