Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hops Strikes Again!!



Sitting in a quiet empty bar in Englewood finishing a nice pint of IPA. Suddenly, a drop of water comes down from the ceiling and hits my glass. Bugger!!! Maybe it’s a sewer leak? Or a sprinkler leaking? Or sweat from the AC? F**k it. This is an IPA. No worries at all.
Sal is pouring water out of her nose and her eyes are red. She is getting a cold. I said approximately (this avoids quotation marks) good thing you have a pint of IPA (she has one too.) Here is why: IPA hydrates because it is 94% water; it anesthetizes because it is 6% alcohol; and, it cures because hops is medicine. The perfect combination when you are sick.
I told Sal the next time I get really sick, get a 5 gallon keg of a good hoppy IPA like Hop Otten IPA or Terrapin’s Rye PA and let me drink that exclusively. Got to get better, and if not, I would be pre-embalmed. Win-Win. A total no brainer.
Image: http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/16690.jpg

No comments: