Monday, March 22, 2010

Rudness beyond the Pale



"Bret Baier's Obama Interview Ratings High": headline from the Huffington Post. I heard about the interview so caught it on YouTube. Appalling is too mild. Baier was interviewing the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!! While President Obama displayed his usual intellect, directness, knowledge of the subject and demeanor, Baier displayed all the attributes of a not-very-well trained Rottweiler.

I can't help thinking that for 8 years, President Bush avoided all non-scripted venues. Why? I think he was incapable of the kind of on-the-spot thinking that Obama has. I could be wrong, but his handlers definitely didn't want us to see him spouting Bushisms and winking to the wings.

Right or wrong, Obama is the President, and for that reason alone deserves more respect than he got from Baier. Every time Obama puts himself "out there" he makes the Republican right look stupid. My mother had an expression: " Stupid is as stupid does".


I wonder if "Obama" means "Hercules" in Swahili?



No comments: