Monday, July 27, 2009

Back with a vengence

Boy, there are so many things to talk about I don't know where to start. The trip to the keys was good despite the leaking boat. No, I haven't found the leak so depended on the bilge pump to keep us afloat. Worked too. I have to keep a list of things to comment on in the future so I can remember them. Some things are too sensitive to write about, even in this medium. Suffice it to say that I have now ID'ed another gutless backstabbing prick and can't do anything about it. It really pisses me off. 'Nuff said.
The world survived the last week, although I did run into a conservative in the Keys who told me that I was the "first person he talked to that believed that global climate change was real". I told him he had to many conservatives running in his pack and he agreed. This guy has $$ and some influence. Wonder why the world is screwed? Many people are brainless morons, maybe even a majority, so we all go down. This guy is planning on his grand kids having a grand future in a wonderful world. The only thing is he is 76 and will die before the shit hits the fan. Poor deluded guy.
TU is on the move again. Growing programs like crazy and getting farther from the core values established years ago by a dedicated group of faculty, staff and admin. What ever happened to the student centered small class personal contact caring place pull together TU? On line courses without much personal touch, science courses with little concern for hands on labs, the student center gutted (yes, this began years ago when the recreation room was co-opted for a class room and continues today) and a potential "re-Christianizing" of a once secular (after a PB start) institution.
On to the the next topic "human learning and why online computer based instruction is wrong for many".

No comments: