Friday, May 6, 2011

Much Too Do and Much has been Done


What a couple of weeks! Billions of dollars of damage and hundreds of lives lost in the South from nasty weather; major floods in the central part of the country; a Royal wedding; bin Laden killed; POTUS is revealed to be an American, and Trump is revealed to be a jerkoff.

No wonder I feel a bit overloaded. Oh, and snakes in my ponds. Lots of them. And I haven’t been able to identify them yet. Possible s few Queen Snakes, maybe a banded water snake and possible an exotic of some kind. All very wary. My snake grabber arrives today and then the fight is really on. Get in the small pond and drain it, then take down the rock walls the snakes are using for a home, catch the snakes, then redo the bottom and sides, replace the rocks and voila! a new and snake-free pond.

Then get the snakes out of the big pond. Ditto procedure except no rock wall. Just a mass of roots and crap to sort through. It needs to be cleaned out anyway, but the addition of a couple of unknown reptiles adds a bit of spice to the mix.

And yesterday I finished getting the riding mower going, not so easy a project BTW. New battery and starter, some tune-up adjustments and off she went. Today the new battery is DEAD and the rear tire is so flat I call it Twiggy. Must be a trickle leak in the electrical system somewhere. Crap.

But, the orchids are blooming their little buds off, and the spring is glorious. Sigh.

Image: http://www.freesnake.com/queensnake5.html

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey Woody,
I think if my Dad didn't tease me with Cotton Mouths during my developmental years, I would have more of an appreciation for snakes. Now I have to wash my hands after I see one, weird huh. Keep us updated on the Pond sitch!