Sunday, May 8, 2011

Even MLK Jr. Thinks it is Funny.



“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” MLK, Jr.

“Taking the Lord’s name in vain does not go over well in some households, particularly in the South”

Ok, call me sensitive. Or, call me an iconoclast. Or, call me an atheist. And you would be wrong on all calls. What I am, though, is very tired of every media outlet in the free world using a capital “L” in lord when they refer to god, as in the NPR headline above. There may or may not be a Lord out there somewhere, but whatever it is one thing is certain. It’s not MY lord. No capital for me. And by using the capital “L” I think the writers, editors and publishers are actively or tacitly agreeing that there is a “Lord” and it is the Christian one. Nonsense as far as I can see. If there really were just one lord, we would all know it by now.

So please, keep your capital “L” lord out of my face and I’ll keep my capital “C” cthulhu out of yours.

Image: www.zendirtzendust.com

Image: www.moralheroes.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always Mr. Search, you've hit the nail squarely on the head.

BTW, it's called Ristaurante Giovi.