Monday, November 4, 2013

More like 30000 Years of Art!!! Classical Gas Discovered!!

Add caption
April 25th, 2011. The day the more or less original ( Give or take a few frames, it is nearly identical to the actual video that aired on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour almost 40 years ago. (1.)) was posted on YouTube. I talked about it on May 8th, 2011, and didn't find it. Bittersweet them but delayed gratification now. What a treasure to stumble upon. I was just reading over a few old posts, making a few spelling corrections and came upon the original blog on Classical Gas (2), listened to a few covers and put a note on Facebook. I mentioned the art montage, actually known as a kinestasis , and lamented that I couldn't find it. A wild hair encouraged me to look again and there is was in a nearly original form. Reconstructed from the original student movie that was used to make the TV production. And even better is the VIMEO version posted much earlier. I have no idea why the search engine didn't pick this up 2 years ago.
It stands still as a seminal moment for anyone who saw it on the Smothers Brothers show. I hope you all watch it and remember it, and pass it on. I will.
VIMEO RECORDING: http://vimeo.com/612081
Image:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEicFIXyyPiShhK0xHrurnyTlQA7X1ylS2iYc5KQ3y2L7_wIzZiJtMHEkcLqwLZNVCQhzXj96Bx5tNgChfKgno1bkj7WdHT5ww8w5NBTohsvWHxtkoLQafzo0SXfqxPx0ed9iJZn8C2Eqxc/s1600/williams.jpg

No comments: