Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Worship Beer Instead.

. . . Monday night, Romney rolled out some new material: the rights given to people by God.
"I am just distressed as I watch, as I watch our president try and infringe upon those rights," Romney said to the capacity crowd. "The first amendment of the Constitution provides the right to worship in the way of our own choice." (1)
Please someone tell me how requiring birth control assistance for non-Catholic women infringes the rights of Catholics to worship. Did I miss something here? Worship? Worship by denying someone else health benefits and forcing women to have babies they don’t want?
And exactly who is this god Romney talks about anyway? One of the pantheon no doubt. Certainly not my god. Mine wants everybody to be healthy, have a wonderful sex life and choose if, when or where or to procreate. And drink good beer and wine.
Image: http://www.wowdewow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/God-Beer.jpg
1. http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/02/07/146505114/romney-brings-up-religion-to-attract-social-conservatives

No comments: