Saturday, August 20, 2011

People Just Get Out Of The Way!!!


"If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on
Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth,
within 50 years all forms of life would flourish."
— Biologist Jonas Salk

Assuming that the above quote is essentially stating the truth, and I think it is absolutely spot on, tell me this: Why should we do anything to promote our own survival? You would think that an intelligent species that is decimating the world would come to the conclusion that they should just get out of the way. Hell, even NASCAR drivers do it.
The Question restated: Can anyone think of any valid reason at all for the continuance of the Human race? Besides the selfish gene theory? Maybe so we can do good? At what price? I hate to admit that I can’t.
On the other hand, if is going to end, I would prefer it to end after I finish the wine in the cellar. And that, my friends, is exactly the problem.
Image: http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/nobabies.jpg

No comments: