Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Where is Mr. Ed When We Need Him?


The republicans show their ass again by killing a special session (vote 67 to kill, 44 to debate) to let Florida voters decide on oil drilling in Florida waters. One heckler yelled that all 67 were "in the pocket of BP." Others called for the people to decide. Well I know where I fall in this rather abrupt continuum. And by the way, all 67 “neighs” were republican and the 44 yeas were democrats. Pure politics. But in my case I think the politics of letting the people who put them in there in the first place vote is the right politics.
The thing that really gets me is this: most of these neigh-sayers will probably get reelected and the government of Florida will stay in the neigh column. Remember, Florida joined in the suit to block the drilling moratorium, too. And, Florida republicans voted to kill an extended jobless benefit for 200000+ Florida workers. Would you be pissed off? I would. And am. Pissed off. An old expression is “better to be pissed off than pissed on”. Can you tell the difference here? I can’t. Looks like the republican legislators are pissing on the people that put them there in the first place.
Survivalists tell you to drink your own urine when things get really dry. The elected republicans from Florida are going one better: they are drinking BP’s urine and then pissing on the people. I sincerely hope this bites them in the butt, but given the ability of the average republican voter to think, I doubt it.
Image: blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/06/pair_of_...
Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/20/1738869/party-line-vote-ends-floridas.html#ixzz0uFi2qNNQ

No comments: