Friday, April 30, 2010

A Tale of Surprises


She left the office late one night, a good feeling of a job well done. On the way to the parking lot on a fairly dark path she had the distinct feeling she was being followed. She walked faster and the follower kept pace. She gathered the courage to look back, and in her own words: “ I was being followed, and it was my butt!!!”. She did have a notable butt (now much reduced by diet and exercise) and we all had a good laugh over her story. So today I was burning some dead branches, doing the manly thing of poking and rearranging the fire when a puff of smoke got in my eyes and I turned and walked away from the fire. The strange thing was that the smoke followed me, was sort of drafting along with me as I walked. Then another puff of dense smoke right in the eyes. I turned and saw…….no smoke from the fire at all!! Crap!!! My hat was on fire!!!!
I put it out and saved the hat and me from burns, but whoa! that was close. Might have lost what little hair I have left.
Image: Water Butt at http://www.hellenicgarden.co.uk/waterbuttoak-premium.html

No comments: