Thursday, April 29, 2010

Siempre que te pregunto…

Those few words started something. A grad school buddy sang a few songs in Spanish and with these words began a quest to learn to play and sing “Quizas, Quizas, Quizas” How do you get to Carnegie Hall goes the old joke. And the answer (drum roll) - practice, practice, practice. So I practiced. And got somewhat better, but never as good as Kirsten. There were lots of Cuban chicks in Miami in those days and I figured if I could sing/say a few songs, low and sexy, I could maybe get to know one of them. Didn’t work. Never even had the chance to try. I dated Manuel’s sister, part of the first real wave of Cubans hitting the shores of Biscayne Bay, a few times, but she wanted to learn English. So I tried Russian. Learned a few songs in Russian but never found a Russian chick to try them on. So I tried English. That worked like a charm. Still married to her. See? Never give up, and always tell yourself “Quizas, Quizas, Quizas.”

( Spanish) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-uz6_WRtc
(Russian) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw5L0IdKjps

No comments: