Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Inside of Fire

I think I am probably insane sometimes. The following account is true as best I can remember. I believe that I am a direct descendant from a line of fire keepers. I have been fascinated by fire since I was a small child. I have always loved fire and tended fire and kept fire. I believe that there will come the time when fire will caress me without burning.
I looked into darkness. Picture a large painting, light gray on the right, vertically. As your eyes sweep across the canvass the color gets progressively darker and bends to the left on the top. Towards the left side the color is as black and as dark as you could ever imagine. Deep, dark, black. And on the very edge on the left, a line of light. I looked into the darkness, darker that I could imagine and felt welcomed. I imagined that it felt soft and reached out for it. I pulled it over me and it was soft and warm. This darkness is the inside of fire. I know what fire is, and I know what the darkness is. And I am not afraid.
Image: whenthedarkcomes.blogspot.com/

No comments: