Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thoughs on blogs

I am not sure about blogs. That is exactly what they are supposed to be. I guess the answer probably is "anything you want them to be". I am more comfortable with rule-based situations and these don't come with rules. A journal? A soapbox? A place to explore? A thousand other things?
Journals always seemed to me to be personal, not to be shared, sort of an old friend that will never tell. "Blogging" seems to be to often be ranting about something without substantiating anything. That works for venting frustrations but isn't really informative. So I'll get my feet wet slowly. Post some things like the "Jesus" piece because there isn't really anywhere else to put it, and I would like to share it. Comment on the world sounds like a good place, too. Opinion is unavailable for edit. It just is. Brought to mind is the old saw "I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like" and the answer is "So does the monkey in the park!!". Uninformed opinion can be really dangerous, no? If taken for fact, or if believed based on the confidence of the source? Well, my opinions are usually informed by some sort of rational fact base, but as often as not are also liberally sprinkled with emotion and just plain personal biases.
Is this a blog? Well, it is a beautiful morning, the pond is clear, the juvenile black racer is gone for the moment and all seems well with our world.
Sadly, more troops died in Afghanistan yesterday, so all is not well with the world writ large. Leave that for another day.

1 comment:

Matt Search said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.