Sunday, September 14, 2014

BMFR Finds a Home, Finally

 For several years, actually since the Geology Department was unfortunately scrapped at TU, the BMFR has lived with us. First at Rainbow Farm, and now at Rainbow Rise.
The BMFR was adopted by several geology students and presented to Prof. McWilliams for use in class or for the fun of it. Both are great reasons to rescue this rock from the Wilds. When the department was disbanded, many of the specimens found their way to RBF and thence to RBR where the prevailing thought was "I WILL find something to use these for." And all had been used, except the BMFR. Why? Hard to handle for an OF is one reason. But that OF got it in place this morning. The better reason was it needed to be in the perfect place to display and to function, the way all rocks want to live. When we decided to raise the waterfall outflow, suddenly the BMFR said "Hey, numbnuts!! (Rocks like this talk like that) I would be the PERFECT rock for the waterfall to feed into  the pond. Just put me on an angle and I will do the rest." Well, that was a splendid suggestion, so I said "Okay GRAVEL BREATH, you are on."
And this morning it happened. As I slid the BMFR into place and adjusted the hight, I swear I could hear a murmur of contentment. When the water started to flow, I did hear a sigh of relief.
The BMFR has finally found a home.
Images: BMFR portraits by Woody.

No comments: