Friday, June 15, 2012

VAGINA! There, that was not so bad, was it?



My Heros: Brown and Bynum
(If all sexes are "actors" then all sexes are "heros.)
A woman legislator, Lisa Brown from Michigan, said the following during a debate over a new abortion bill: "And finally, Mr. Speaker, I'm flattered that you're all so interested in my vagina, but 'no' means 'no.'”
And a representative from Tennesee said: “What she said was offensive," said Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville. "It was so offensive; I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company."
“Vagina” is offensive? Personally I find them wonderful. What I find really offensive is how male legislators cram their own personal religious beliefs down every one else’s throats. Here is another quote from Representative Brown who is Jewish: "I have not asked you to adopt and adhere to my religious beliefs. Why are you asking me to adopt yours?" Jewish religious law allows abortions at any time if the mother’s life is in danger.
So I think Rep. Callton is offensive and I think Lisa Brown is great. She was silenced from further debate. Another woman Representative tried to get this amendment added to the abortion bill: "Byrum, D-Onondaga, caused a disturbance on the House floor Wednesday when she wasn't allowed to introduce an amendment to the abortion regulations bill banning men from getting a vasectomy unless the sterilization procedure was necessary to save a man's life,"
Some men are such hypocritical assholes it makes me weep.


1 comment:

Zarko said...

Talk about freedom of speech... and that's for using a medically correct terminology. It is a scary thought knowing that people like this are in power... I am surprised that we as a dominant specie have survived thus far.