Friday, January 6, 2012

The sun sets in Florence, Finally.,



"The transaction has been effected with success. Dear User,We comunicate that the transaction had a positiv outcome.Your position had been settled. Thank you and we send best regards"(sic the whole thing)

And so ends the saga of the traffic fine in Florence. The whole thing pissed me off for reasons already raved, but there is no doubt I did the crime, unintentional as it might have been. At least now we can go back to Italy without being arrested at the airport for “criminal avoidance of obligation” or some such charge. I have logged thousands of miles overseas, and this is the first fine. I figure it works out to something like a penny a mile. I can live with that.
You know the “Don’t drive like my brother” line? Well mine is “Don’t drive in Florence” (or like MY brother either for that matter). And another thing is this. I have not had a traffic ticket since 1960. That’s 55 years y’all. I cannot plead never having broken a law, just never got ticketed. Can’t say that anymore. Crap. Maybe Italy doesn’t count. I’ll make up a new rule: Countries where they don’t speak English don’t count in the ticket department because you can’t understand the rules of the road.
Whew!. I still have “recordo intacto”. Easy when you can make up the rules.


Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/0065_-_Firenze_-_Tramonto_sull'Arno_-_Foto_Giovanni_Dall'Orto,_28-Oct-2007.jpg

1 comment:

Matt said...

Isn't "making up the rules" how you got the ticket in the first place, you scofflaw?