Thursday, January 6, 2011

Waiting for the gas man - - - - again


.“Randy will be there tomorrow. I don’t know what time.”
So started another day of waiting. I had tons to do that I could do at home. Lots of preparation for Spring classes, Blackboard shells to get ready, documents to move into folders. Dishes, always dishes. Laundry. And a dead possum to get rid of.
But there were lots of things I needed to do in town. Shop for a fresh fennel for a pasta dish. Look at an LED TV to replace the 20 year old big tube. The pool place. The pet store for Koi food. A couple of hours of running around. But nooooo. Sat here doing and finishing everything, then just sat. Pissed off. Several calls got a busy signal. After all it is cold weather and the gas people are very busy. Damn it though, so am I. Kind of reminds me of a Doctor’s office that charges you for a missed appointment but keeps you waiting for 2 hours because “we are behind”. Well la-de-dah. I work for a living too. How about you pay me for the 2 hours of lost work time?
Ahhhh. Just caught myself venting. Feel better too. Thanks for listening.
Image: tow411.yuku.com

No comments: