Sunday, January 30, 2011


Passed a nice fat dead deer on US 90 yesterday. Head cut off at the shoulders. We can all guess why. Many years ago I hit a beautiful 8 point buck on Meridian on the way home one night. I left it there after being sure it was off the road and dead. The guy that processes my deer won’t take road kills. Next morning as I passed I noticed: Head cut off at the shoulders.
So, some Redneck (I know its pejorative but what else can you call them?) now has two nice bucks mounted in his double wide and regales the boys with the stories of how he tracked them, kilt them with one great shot and dragged them out of the woods way after dark.” Damn skippy they was heavy. Look at the racks!!”
And these guys actually get licenses to hunt and drive, and some of them vote. No wonder we are in deep, ah, pellets.


Image: www. thedissidentfrogman.com

No comments: