Friday, September 24, 2010

I Like Health Reform.

A call went out a few days ago, again, to repeal the misnamed “Obamacare” health reform legislation. Here is what is already in place:

No cap on lifetime expenses
No cancellation for using the policy
No “rescinding” coverage for accidental omission of medical history (only for fraudulent statements on applications”.
Keeping children on parents policies until they are 26
Coverage cannot be refused for pre-existing conditions in adults or children.

More benefits will phase in over the next 5 years, and the congressional budget office, a non-partisan analysis group, concludes that the savings in health care costs will pay for the increased benefits. So in the long run the plan will not break the bank.
Now I don’t know about you, but I am happy with the above new protections. Why in the world would I want them cancelled? Why would anyone want them cancelled?
Oh yeah, I get it. The Health Industry wants them cancelled. The same people that screwed you every day until yesterday. Right. Good. Glad I understand.
(For my conservative readers, please note that I specifically did not say who is pushing for this repeal. I know you are sensitive about identifying the source of this nonsense)
Source of some of this: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1914020220100319
Image: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/moredetails.aspx?showBleed=false&ProductNo=407760155&colorNo=0&pr=F

No comments: