Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Morotcycle trip to Tahiti Beach.




Tahiti Beach was a small nice beach near the University of Miami frequented by students and locals. Lots of palm trees and the coarse coral sand you expect down that way. A good place to find sun bathers in skimpy cover.

Bob had a Vespa scooter and I had a 124.9 cc Gilera. The Gilera was the first of several bikes I would ride over the years and she a beauty! Not too fast but flashy is a small way. Bob and I often went riding around for a few hours just enjoying the freedom that comes with biking. We were unusual in that we both wore helmets.

Well anyway, we cruised on over to Tahiti Beach with intent to look. We took a couple of turns around the parking lot, didn't see anything or anybody interesting and took the turn to the exit. We got to the stop sign, side by side, and Bob gestured something and said something but I couldn't hear him so I shook my head. He tried again with the same results. I leaned over to get close to him when from behind me came a booming voice on a loud speaker that said "There's a cop behind you!!!"

I looked and sure enough, there was a cop behind us. On his PA speaker, having a good laugh. I waved and we took off nice and slowly. Who says cops don't have a sense of humor?

No comments: